CODE OF CONDUCT
What makes State of Social so special? Aside from the big-name speakers. And big-brain panels. And strategy workshops. And awesome food. And bottomless barista-brewed coffee. And the oh-so-sweet swag bag. And the puppies. (Yes, puppies.) It’s special because you get to rub shoulders, swap numbers and generally have a great time with social and digital devotees. Just. Like. You.
So, let’s play nice, people.
Everyone is welcome at State of Social, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, politics, coffee preference, footie team affiliation or favourite Star Wars movie.^
The only people we discriminate against are people who discriminate, so if you can’t treat our guests, your fellow delegates and our awesome venue with respect, you’re not welcome.
Don’t be a dick. Obvs.
- No demeaning or discriminatory behaviour, materials and speech.
- No physical abuse, intimidation or use of force whatsoever.
- No written, verbal, psychological or emotional abuse of any kind.
- No intimidation, bullying, threats, harassment or stalking.
- No inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention.
- No disruptive, dangerous or generally disturbing behavior.
Do make your mum proud.
- Be polite, considerate and respectful.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow delegates.
- Alert the State of Social or Optus Stadium teams if:
- you or a fellow delegate are subjected to any unacceptable behavior
- you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.*
You wouldn’t like us when we’re angry.
We won’t turn green if someone breaks these common-sense, common-courtesy rules, but we will call the boys and girls in blue if we have to. Anyone who doesn’t play nice can expect:
- A verbal warning.
- Expulsion from the conference. No refund.
- A ban from future State of Social events.
- To be on the wrong end of a 000 call.
When you buy a ticket and step through the door to Optus Stadium and into State of Social, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. So, be good. Learn loads. Have fun. And see you next year.
This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to State of Social/SMPerth’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves. The above policies may be revised at any time by State of Social and SMPerth and are non-negotiable. State pf Social/SMPerth reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the badge of any delegate not in compliance with this Code of Conduct. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are at State of Social/SMPerth’s sole discretion. The decision(s) of State of Social/SMPerth’s representatives on-site will be final.
^With the possible exception of The Phantom Menace. But that goes without saying.